The National Humanitarian Network (NHN) is a network of National NGOs (NNGOs) in Pakistan, led by an elected Chair and Central Executive Committee nationally, with provincial/regional chapters in five provinces (Punjab, Sindh, Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA, Azad Jammu Kashmir) while Gilgit-Baltistan chapter is in the stage of establishment.
Founded in 2010 in result of interactive dialogue in National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) to act as an independent and vibrant voice to engage with stakeholders throughout Pakistan for promotion of humanitarian values by influencing policies and building capacities to ensure right based humanitarian response. The network has since established provincial chapters and has taken up a formal representational role for the NNGO community in Pakistan at high-level coordination meetings. NHN is representing Pakistani Civil Society in Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), Pakistan Humanitarian Forum (PHF), and Accountability Learning Working Group (ALWG) and having significant role in humanitarian architecture in Pakistan. NHN is having its representation in Advisory and Review Boards of Pakistan Emergency Reserve fund. As on 20 February 2015 NHN has 167 members across Pakistan and it is open for all national and local organizations engaged in humanitarian assistance or disaster management advocacy. NHN is continually improving its capacity to act as an effective institution for raising voice of national civil society in Pakistan.
- To act as an institution that engages with all stakeholders that represent National / local NGOs/Civil Society through efficient and effective coordination mechanism
- To conduct evidence based policy advocacy for pre, during and post Humanitarian crisis (disaster preparedness/ mitigation / management issues)
- Facilitate all stakeholders in capacity building to promote community based disaster risk management, emergency response and action.
- To help in organizing and facilitating to make responsive and accountable civil society for humanitarian response and disaster risk management.
- Advocate for and promote empowered partnership in, based on GHP’s agreed principles of partnership and new business model to develop local capacities in humanitarian action.